General Science Teacher
Contract type: full Time
Salary: Inner London MPS/UPS
Tradewind are recruiting! Are you looking for you next role teaching Science teaching role in Lambeth?
Tradewind are looking for a knowledgeable, engaging & motivating teacher of science to teach general science at both key stage 3 & 4 at a great school in Lambeth.
This client has also been designated as a National Teaching School as it recognises the effort that the school team puts in to making lessons enjoyable and effective for our young people. Equally, the visit of their last OFSTED judged this client 'outstanding' in every category. Exam results are strong, remaining well above national averages and representing positive 'value-added'. Recognition of its marked progress has been significant and its journey as a school is important.
Candidates will be expected to have the following skills and knowledge:
- A thorough knowledge of their subject area, particularly in relation to the new National Curriculum, GCSE, and 16-19 developments.
- The appropriate skills required to be an efficient and effective teacher and interest in developing this practice further.
- The ability to plan, organise, assess, monitor and evaluate effectively, and to maintain a stimulating learning environment. Knowledge of assessment including at Advanced Level.
- Effective interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Effective skills in the use of ICT
- The skills required to be an effective form tutor.
- The ability to devise strategies for implementing policies leading to equality of opportunity.
- An understanding of and commitment to whole-school issues in a diverse school and the willingness to be involved in all aspects of the work of the department and to contribute to the wider life of the school.
Tradewind are collecting CVs for the role of a Science teacher for a full time role starting in September 2022. You will be required to implement and deliver an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students and to support a designated curriculum area as appropriate.
Lambeth - 10 mins walk from local train station. Many bus links and off street parking available.
The school benefits - They offer:
- a high standard of professional practice, with bespoke in-house CPD provision, and affiliation to nationally recognised courses and providers (SSAT, Teaching Leaders, Future Leaders, NPQs).
- clear pathways for career development and progression with a proven track-record of success in developing leaders; a supportive and collegiate environment, with regular staff social and sporting activities (such as yoga, football and House events).
- excellent opportunities for leading work with external partners (National Support School, National Teaching School);
- a culture of high trust and accountability that values creativity and innovation, leading practice locally and nationally in a range of fields.
Please contact Tradewind Recruitment today for more information.
You will need to:
- Hold QTS Status or QTLS
- This position is subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure, Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional references checks
- Provide a CV with 10 years of employment/education history included and any employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
- Ideally be able to provide excellent references
By registering with Tradewind, you will benefit from:
- Top rates of pay through our attraction of the best education talent
- More training and development than any other agency - which is why we can offer you more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, 35 to be exact! That's 18 more than our next nearest competitor
- A generous referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn a reward
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success
- Help with lesson planning - our support doesn't stop once we've secured you a placement
- A straightforward Online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability
- Free social and networking events to get to know your peers and consultants
Tradewind Recruitment is a Sunday Times Top 100 employer - stopping at nothing to ensure our candidates and employees come first. We have the very best people to take your call and look after you every step of the way. We pride ourselves on exceptional service and take the time to really get to know you, to ensure we have a thorough understanding of your career goals and work hard on your behalf to secure you positions with great rates of pay (all rates are typically inclusive of holiday pay, however we will happily accrue this upon request) and plenty of development opportunities. We have more certified CPD courses than any other education recruitment agency, a brilliant referral bonus, full interview preparation, help with lesson planning, online Portal for your timesheets and log your availability and plenty more benefits by registering with Tradewind. Because our people matter most.
We specialise in matching teachers and support staff with their dream job, and help primary, secondary and SEN schools recruit for a wide range of roles across our 12 offices in the UK.
Awarded REC Audited Education gold standard - Tradewind Recruitment are committed to Safeguarding and are also a proud Equal Opportunities Employer
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.