Job type - Full time, Permanent
Salary - £24,376 to £26,560
Hours - 35 hours per week (+ 5 hours paid lunch)
Location - Sheffield
Do you want to make a difference to young people’s lives, inspiring them to achieve and realise their true potential?
Then join Nacro with this exciting opportunity to deliver the Study Programme to disadvantaged learners at the Nacro education centre in Sheffield.
We are in search of an inspirational and enthusiastic Teacher who will work as part of Nacro’s Sheffield's teaching team to ensure learners achieve the appropriate Catering qualifications while developing the learners’ employability, personal and social skills.
Duties and responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Deliver training and support to 16-19-year olds on Nacro’s Study Programme (all ability levels from Entry Level to GCSE)
- Ensure all relevant young people achieve Functional Skills/GCSE qualifications
- Develop resources and deliver training programmes to learners
- Carry out initial assessments of the learners
- Create support plans and regularly monitor these
- Use resources efficiently and effectively, ensuring proper use and security at all times
The successful candidate should have experience in guiding a diverse group of clients as well as the ability to identify preferred learning styles and engaging with difficult-to-reach young people.
Qualifications & experience required:
· Level 2 English and Maths
· Teaching qualification DET equivalent or working towards or above
· Qualification in Catering & Hospitality and relevant industry experience.
· IQA/Assessor qualification Desirable
Salary is dependent on experience and qualifications held.
A DBS check will be required for this role
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.