Empowering Learning are currently recruiting a day to day Cover Supervisor to start work in Manchester in September.
Are you currently in the process of completing your PGCE or maybe you are looking for an extra income? We pay above market rates!
The role entails managing a classroom of students between 11-16 in the absence of the classroom teacher. Work will be provided and our schools have supportive departments on hand to ensure you are provided with all the tools to be successful in the role. You will have the support of a consultant who spent 2 1/2 years in this role prior to progressing into a Head of Year position who is able to support you through your teaching career.
You do not need to have worked in a school previously to successfully apply to this Cover Supervisor role, our schools are looking for individuals with enthusiasm and passion for supporting young people, happy to work between the hours of 8:30am and 3pm on either a mon-fri basis or days you choose to work. For this Cover Supervisor role our schools are requiring at least 2-3 days commitment. Working days can be flexible around uni/other commitments.
Graduates of Sports Science, English, Law, Education and Foreign Languages are particularly sought after however consideration will be given to all who meet the below requirements of this Cover Supervisor role:
- Ability to engage with young people and a willingness to support their needs
- Bachelor's degree or six weeks experience working with young people in any capacity
- Proactive nature and ability to adapt
- A DBS on the update service or a willingness to apply for one
- Two professional references - these can include university/college/part-time work/previous employment
- Right to work in the UK
Benefits of this Cover Supervisor role:
- Great rates of pay
- Progressive career
- A supportive consultant on hand with five years experience working in Manchester secondary schools to answer any questions you may have
- Success in the role demonstrates numerous transferable skills to potential future employers
- Supportive schools who will ensure that you thrive in your new environment.
Note - Please ensure you meet criteria in screening questions prior to applying to this Cover Supervisor.
To apply please get in contact with James Watts at Empowering Learning Manchester.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.