HEAD OF MATHS AND DIGITAL SKILLS
Salary: £44,586- £47,221 per annum
Hours: 37 hours per week (Full-time)
We are seeking a Head of Maths AND Digital Skills to provide inspirational leadership of the Department and effective delivery of an outstanding Maths and Digital Skills curriculum ensuring all our students make excellent progress.
The successful candidate would inspire lecturers and students to have a passion for the subjects and to ensure the subjects are vibrantly represented within the college community. The successful candidate will be:
- Committed to the teaching of Maths and Digital Skills creating and leading enrichment opportunities within the subject;
- An excellent classroom practitioner with understanding of high quality teaching and learning;
- Confident in designing and developing an outstanding, innovative and creative Maths and Digital Skills curriculum comprised of high quality vocational and academic options;
- Experienced in successful teaching of Maths to GCSE and A level and of raising attainment;
- Able to create and lead departmental development and be experienced in supporting other staff to enhance teaching and learning;
- Committed to regular and on-going professional development;
- Able to develop, in all students and staff, versatile skills and attitudes required for lifelong learning in a rapidly changing world.
In return, we can offer you:
- A 35-day annual leave entitlement, plus 8 Bank Holidays, 6 college closure days and a 2 week closure for Christmas!
- A well-respected pension scheme (Teachers Pension)
- Free parking at all our College sites (on a first come first served basis)
- Family friendly policies and opportunities for flexible working
- Superb opportunities for training and development
Please note that all applications should be completed online. Please press APPLY and we shall send you our applictaion link.
Closing date: Friday 16th September 2022
Please note this position is subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check.
The College is committed to safeguarding children, young people and vulnerable adults. It is also committed to the ‘Prevent Duty’ and the requirement to prevent people being drawn into terrorism and expects all staff to share these commitments.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.