Reporting to: Funding and Compliance Manager
Hours: 37.5 hours per week
Salary: £21,000 (up to £26,000 through progression in the role)
Benefits: Access Creative College also offers competitive remuneration and other job benefits dependent on role such as: Enhanced holiday/annual leave, Christmas shut down, Enhanced maternity/paternity/adoption pay, Employee Assistance Programme, Company Sick Pay, Health Cash Plan, Cycle to Work Scheme, Discounts Platform with 800+ retailers, Employer paid teacher training, Sabbatical leave
Purpose of Post
To be responsible to the Funding and Compliance Manager to support the provision of a comprehensive and customer focused service for internal and external clients in respect of learner data and systems with a specific focus on the day to day Administrative tasks in the Funding & Compliance Department for Access Creative College and its partners.
You will assist the Funding & Compliance Team in the management of day to day Administrative tasks in order to meet Funding & Compliance deadlines and to ensure the robustness and accuracy of Learner Data. The expectation of this position is that this will develop into a Funding & Compliance Officer role over a period following training and the meeting of targets and KPI’s set by the Funding & Compliance Manager.
To develop the necessary range of skills to support the Funding & Compliance Team in performing key tasks and to provide cover across all core Funding & Compliance functions.
To input, validate and maintain complete, accurate and timely learner records consistent with the guidance issued by external funding agencies.
To support all the functions of the Funding & Compliance Team where appropriate, including but not limited to, the following areas:
- Assessing learner eligibility
- Processing enrolments
- Supporting the Bursary Officer with the Discretionary Learner Support process
- Assisting with the Advanced Learner Loans applications
- Withdrawals and transfers
- Assisting with validating registers for Loans and Bursary Audit checks
- Verifying withdrawal/transfer dates and processing Enrolment Amendments
- Assisting with ILR cleanliness and resolving errors where required
- Processing achievements where required
- General Funding & Compliance Support
- To utilise required MI systems and other resources for the capture, recording and processing of learner data with respect to the areas listed above.
- To keep abreast of external bodies changing requirements and disseminate information as required.
- To manage the filing and archiving of all Learner documentation at Head Office.
- To assist in ensuring that data held on the system matches underlying records and vice versa to support published audit and funding guidance.
- Where appropriate, to support data validation by the collation and processing of the relevant information.
- To liaise with the Exams Manager to ensure the accurate tracking and recording of Maths and English GCSEs including achievement and value added.
- To keep abreast of Funding Rules & Regulations in order to support with Funding & Compliance queries from Centre Staff and External Parties.
- It is expected that members of the Funding and Compliance Team will work flexibly, undertaking appropriate training and development to extend skills and abilities to meet the needs of the business where appropriate.
- To support the Funding & Compliance Manager in the maximisation of learners from all funding streams in accordance with organisational targets as appropriate.
- To undertake such other duties that may reasonably be required by the Funding and Compliance Manager and the organisation.
Why work for us
Access Creative College is more than just a college; we are a hub for young creative entrepreneurs who are shaping the future of the creative industries. Access Creative College has been delivering creative education for over 30 years. Our course offerings are a diverse range of courses from Events, Esports, Computing, Games, Music, Media and Production. There are currently 3700 learners studying in the creative arena with Access Creative College. Our vision is to be the leading college for the creative industries and is dedicated to broadening its provision and scope of operations to become the number one choice for creative training in the UK
Working for Access Creative College puts our employees at the forefront of the development of the future creative talent in an environment that allows innovation and entrepreneurialism in an supportive and inclusive environment. Working within education but with a creative specialism creates a vibe within all of our locations that make Access Creative College a fun and vibrant place to work.
Ref: 135 423
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.