An exciting opportunity has arisen for a passionate and self-motivated Tutor to join our Traineeship programme within our Lifestyle and Works team.
The 3 Ships are Mencap’s education-based programmes for supporting people with a learning disability to move closer to the job market and gain employment. The 3 Ships are Supported Internships, Traineeships and Apprenticeships.
As a Tutor you will focus on the delivery of the educational element of Traineeships; designing and delivering creative lessons to a diverse group of learners which will include employability and functional skills topics.
To see what we do click here
This Tutor role would suit a highly motivated person with experience of work-based teaching and looking to pursue a teaching career.. This role is responsible for the delivery of embedded Maths, English, IT and employability skills within different work-based sectors such as hospitality or logistics. Working closely with learners you will develop learning that supports people to overcome the barriers they face to securing paid employment.
At Mencap, we value a diverse and inclusive workplace and we intentionally plan for the success of our colleagues in everything we do. We welcome applications from everyone, so come as you are and join us. Together we are Mencap!
This position is full time, 37.5 hours per week, Monday – Friday based in the London area. You must be willing to travel to various locations.
Key skills and requirements (essential):
- Experience of supporting people
- Experience of delivering against targets
- Experience of working with a diverse group of learners
- A-C/9-4 English & Maths GCSE (or equivalent)
- Recognised teaching qualification at level 3 or above is essential and willingness to work towards level 5 teaching qualification offered by Mencap.
- Knowledge and experience of delivering and embedding functional skills English and Maths up to level 2
- Experience & knowledge of safe working practices
- Good classroom management skills and strategies
- Good time management and planning skills
(Please see the Job Description and Personal Specification for a more extensive list of responsibilities, experiences and key skills required for this role).
All candidates offered an interview for this role will need to provide evidence of their GCSE English and Maths (or equivalent) and any relevant teaching qualifications at interview stage (if applicable).
Interviews will take place via Microsoft Teams on an ad-hoc basis. If you have any questions about this role please contact Kirsty on (phone number removed)
The salary will be dependent on your level of qualification
- Level 3 PTLLS and Level 4 CTLLS £27,540
- Level 5 DTLLS, PGCE or Cert Ed £29,580
We are proud to be a Disability Confident Leader and welcome applicants with disabilities to apply for all roles with us. To find out more about the scheme please visit the direct gov website.
Job ID: 25422
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.