We are currently looking for experienced and aspiring special educational needs (SEND) teaching assistant/learning support assistant to support a child in KS1. This is a mainstream primary school based in South Leeds. We are specifically looking for candidates interested in working with pupils with autism (ASD/ASC) within mainstream.
This school provides a safe learning environment for pupils living with autism (ASD/ASC). The school is looking for a focused and skilled Special Needs Teaching Assistant to provide a high standard of support for this child in KS1.
* The ideal candidate will have experience of working with children with SEND, particularly autism (ASD/ASC).
* Candidates with experience working with children, SEND and/or the care industry will also be considered.
* A can do attitude and a willingness to help in other areas of the classroom
* The ability to use initiative and work well under pressure
* The ability to communicate effectively with the children and other staff members
* This particular role will involve working 1to1 with a boy who has autism
* Assessing and accommodating individual learning needs of the pupil
* Reporting on individual pupils progress
* Encouraging the social and emotional development of the pupil
Why work with Academics Ltd?
We can offer you:
* the widest range of roles and progression opportunities,
* flexible registration procedures
* market leading pay rates - paid to scale and beyond
* your needs are prioritised
Recommend a friend to Academics Ltd, and you could receive a referral bonus of up to £125.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.