Horizon Care and Education have an exciting opportunity for a Teaching Assistant to join our fantastic team.
Bright Futures, Inspired By You.
Through education, we enable young people to gain the skills and resilience needed to succeed in life beyond school, inspiring the brightest futures.
Our specialist independent schools offer unrivalled opportunities, securing strong educational outcomes with personalised, inclusive, and stimulating programmes of learning.
There's nothing more rewarding than helping someone believe in themselves, have the confidence to celebrate their own uniqueness and achieve success that is personal to them.
How you'll be rewarded:
- Competitive salary - We're committed to recognising your hard work and offer a competitive salary.
- Opportunity to progress in your career through our Education Academy, and ongoing training and professional development.
- Comprehensive and tailored induction programme including face-to-face training, online modules, shadowing and local induction period.
- Face-to-face therapeutic training and support for all colleagues via our SHINE programme.
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all colleagues on a variety of topics.
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
- Colleague referral scheme with cash rewards - earn up to £500 per referral.
- Government pension scheme.
- Employee assistance programme - free, confidential support via Bupa.
- Community and wellbeing - Your wellbeing matters to us, and we are committed to ensuring you get all the support you need to feel good about what you do. We're in this together.
About the role:
As a Teaching Assistant you will work with a range of children, and support them to achieve a positive learning outcome, regardless of the challenges they face.
The role involves:
- Assisting students in their educational and social development.
- Provide support inside and outside of the classroom, so they can fully engage in a wide range of activities.
- Help to set up activities for students, using technology or adjusting the environment to suit their needs.
- Support teachers, engaging with students, providing learning support, and reacting to situations in the classroom in a positive, non-disruptive manner.
- Working 1:1 with some students, to give them the time and support they need to learn.
If you are passionate about making a difference to the lives of young people and enabling them to shape their own future, then we want you to be part of our team.
Horizon Care and Education are committed to providing equal opportunities and we endeavour to provide an inclusive and safe working culture for all.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.