Teaching Assistant - 37 hours per week - Term time only
Would you like to make your mark and support with the delivery of quality education to young people with additional needs?
Do you see yourself as someone with a real 'can do' attitude, and the ability to think outside the box to engage learners?
Horizon Care and Education Group are recruiting for committed and passionate individuals, for permanent opportunities within our schools.
As someone that has experience working with young people in education, you will understand that no two days are the same, and that being able to think on your feet, and communicate effectively with all kinds of learners, is the key to an enjoyable classroom experience. Every student has their own unique learning style, and your skills and commitment will help them to grow and gain confidence at school.
About the role:
Teaching assistants at Cressey College work with a range of children, and work to achieve a positive learning outcome for all of our students, regardless of the challenges they face. Our teaching assistants are open, engaging and a friendly face to greet our students when they get to school. Lessons are student centered, and learning objectives are carefully planned out to be achievable and enjoyable.
A Teaching assistant may need to:
- Assist in educational and social development of students
- Provide support inside and outside of the classroom, so young people can fully engage in activities
- Help to set up activities for students, using technology or adjusting the environment to suit
- Support teachers, engaging with students, providing learning support, and reacting to situations in the classroom in a positive, non-disruptive manner
- Working 1:1 with some students, to give them the time and support they need to learn
- React to, and deescalate challenging behavior, alongside other school staff, to ensure a safe environment
- Ensure records, paperwork and all other documentation is up to date in line with Horizon/Ofsted guidance
- Build strong, trusted relationships with the students you support
Why work for us?
- Small, friendly staff teams
- Supportive management and senior leaders
- Competitive salary including opportunities to progress in your career
- Highly rated, structured 1 week induction programme including face to face training, online modules, and PACE training
- Dedicated learning and development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
- Free eye checks
- Free parking
- Staff referral scheme with cash rewards - earn up to £500 per referral
- Cash back healthcare plan
- Government Pension scheme
To start your education journey with Horizon, click apply now!
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.