Teaching Assistant - 37 hours per week - Term time only
Location: Woodbury School
Salary/Rate: £15,355 - £16,329
Would you like to make your mark and support with the delivery of quality education to young people with additional needs?
Do you see yourself as someone with a real 'can do' attitude, and the ability to think outside the box to engage learners?
Horizon Care and Education Group are recruiting for committed and passionate individuals, for permanent opportunities within our schools.
About the School:
A positive, friendly co- educational day school in Wolverhampton, supporting young people at primary, secondary and post-16 level. The school meets the needs of a diverse group of pupils with a range of complex learning needs including Social Emotional and Mental Health (SEMH).
We are passionate about education, but most of all we are committed to each young person, to their safety, their welfare and personal development. We recognise and build on a young person's strengths, teaching them skills that they can build on throughout their education and beyond.
A Teaching assistant may need to:
- Assist in educational and social development of students
- Provide support inside and outside of the classroom, so young people can fully engage in activities
- Help to set up activities for students, using technology or adjusting the environment to suit
- Support teachers, engaging with students, providing learning support, and reacting to situations in the classroom in a positive, non-disruptive manner
- Working 1:1 with some students, to give them the time and support they need to learn
- React to, and deescalate challenging behavior, alongside other school staff, to ensure a safe environment
- Ensure records, paperwork and all other documentation is up to date in line with Horizon/Ofsted guidance
- Build strong, trusted relationships with the students you support
Why work for us?
- Small, friendly staff teams
- Supportive management and senior leaders
- Competitive salary including opportunities to progress in your career
- Highly rated, structured 1 week induction programme including face to face training, online modules, and PACE training
- Dedicated learning and development programmes
- Access to a wide range of free online courses for all staff on a variety of topics
- Free DBS check and Update Service subscription
- Free eye checks
- Free parking
- Staff referral scheme with cash rewards - earn up to £500 per referral
- Cashback healthcare plan
- Government Pension scheme
To start your education journey with Horizon, click apply now!
This role is subject to satisfactory references and a DBS check. Horizon Care and Education group do not discriminate, and welcome applications from all cultural and ethnical backgrounds.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.