Are you a trained and experienced Teaching Assistant looking for the next step in your career? If so, please see below for exciting new opportunities working for the market leader in education recruitment, Prospero Teaching…
We are looking for three Teaching Assistants with considerable experience to work closely with children in KS1, year 3 and UKS2. The opportunities are full-time and long-term and will be supporting the children on an ongoing basis following completion of a successful trial period at the school.
For this position as an SEN Teaching Assistant, you will be required to provide 1:1 support to a student and provide general support to other students in the classroom where necessary. The successful applicant will have considerable experience working 1:1 with children with special educational needs and challenging behaviour and will have ideally hold relevant SEND qualifications and training.
You must hold an Enhanced Child DBS on the Update Service or be willing to apply for a new one to be considered for this position.
- Location:East Bristol
- Position:1:1 SEN Teaching Assistant
- Hours:Full-time - 8:30-3:30 Monday to Friday
- Start Date: Sep 22
- Pay Rate: £75/day minimum
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A level of understanding about childcare and special educational needs - essential
- SEN experience - essential
- Previous experience working with children - essential
- Autism/ASD Training - desirable
- BSL - desirable
- Autism/ASD Experience - highly desirable
- Teaching Assistant Qualifications - desirable
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year - Prospero can offer this training
To Be Eligible For This Role Through Prospero Teaching, You Must:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
For more information about the role or how Prospero Teaching can help you secure your next role, contact Nila at the Bristol branch on (phone number removed) or email your CV to
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.