The successful candidate would be working from a community hub which aims to support People on Probation on a community order or licence to develop social capital through a range of interventions. This role will involve close working with the National Probation Service and partnerships.
You will provide one-to-one and group work support for hub participants to deliver a range of information, guidance and training which contribute to the participants' journey and progression into employment, training, education, and a life free from crime.
- Engage with and case manage participants in the hub and provide mentoring, advice and guidance and training interventions to reduce re-offending
- Deliver both group and one-to-one activities including initial assessments, action plans, and progress/risk reviews
- Engage with community, voluntary sector and mainstream training, education and employment support services to ensure that participants are given the support they need to overcome barriers
- Contacting new participants and assisting them to understand the benefits of engaging with the hubs and the support activities and interventions
- Deliver services, both at the hub and peripatetically at other community and voluntary sector venues, to ensure that the service is available across a wider area
- Network, market and promote the service to partner organisations and participants
We are looking for candidates with the following:
- Experience of working with individuals with criminal convictions, or those disaffected and marginalised
- Knowledge of the issues affecting the rehabilitation of individuals with criminal convictions
- A warm, approachable empathetic demeanour
- The ability to build a rapport and relationships with participants that supports their progression to education, training and employment
- Good IT Skills
- The ability to work in a target-driven environment, with a focus on the successful achievement of outcomes for participants
My client is offering the following:
- A full time, permanent contract
- A salary ranging from £25,000 - £28,000
- Car scheme
- Pension scheme with a 6% employer and 4% employee contributions
- Smart Spending discounts at over 130 retailers
- Cycle-to-Work scheme and other travel subsidies, including train season tickets
- Valued Star Awards, which acknowledge hard work that goes above and beyond
- Access to an affordable private health care plan
- Generous Annual Leave entitlement
- Death in service benefits
If you are interested in applying for this role please email your CV to Nathan Rothwell at Alderwood Recruitment.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.