Carbon60 are looking to hire an astute and commercially driven Quantity Surveyor to join a large Utilities Company in the UK. This is an excellent opportunity to thrive in a challenging but highly rewarding environment, providing opportunities for career progression with exposure to business and senior management stakeholders.
Location: Flexible within Scotland
Working Pattern: Hybrid 1-2 days in office 3-4 days from home
- Undertake a lead role in the delivery of long-term property, Energy futures and transmission Programme.
- Strategic sourcing through procurement (often regulated under UCR 2016)
- Sourcing and maintaining industry leading supply chain
- Driving competitive delivery through robust contract administration
- Adopting value engineering changes to maximise delivery efficiency
- Preparing tender documentation (including draft contracts, bills of quantities and activity schedules)
- Enhancing supplier relationship and commercial advantage by pricing and forecasting costs of project materials and labour
- Monitor changes to project costs and inform budget projections accordingly
- Liaise with interfacing stakeholders such as legal, operations and finance.
- Consider contract risk profiles and advise mitigation actions
- Undertake peer reviews on Category strategy Plans to ensure value and suitability for mains replacement activities.
The Successful Candidate:
- Interested in developing a highly regulated environment
- Empowered to deliver regulated procurement and post contract administration
- Analytical and numerate
- A Background in Quantity Surveying, procurement, commercial law, or finance
- Strong IT skills, including knowledge of all MS Office applications, and purchase to pay systems.
Carbon60, Lorien, SRG - the Impellam Group STEM Portfolio is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.