We are the world’s learning company with more than 24,000 employees operating in 70 countries. We combine world-class educational content and assessment, powered by services and technology, to enable more effective teaching and personalized learning at scale. We believe that wherever learning flourishes so do people.
Responsible for delivering English, Mathematics and ICT Functional Skills qualifications to Pearson TQ civilian apprentices, but will work with MoD apprentices when required. This role will involve delivery of Functional Skills at various Pearson and employer sites, including regular travel into London.
TQ Education & Training (part of the Pearson Group) is a provider of outsourced training services to the UK Ministry of Defence, other public sector organisations and private companies both in the UK and overseas. This role will support Functional Skills delivery as part of the Pearson TQ Apprenticeship business for civilian customers, but will work across all Pearson TQ contracts.
- Teaching English, Mathematics and/or ICT Functional Skills qualifications at levels 1 and 2, including conducting initial assessments, diagnostic assessments and administering exams
- Manage Functional Skills caseload to ensure learners complete in a timely manner
- Provide remote learning support and motivate learners in their studies
- Complete Speaking and Listening assessments at levels 1 and 2, including the recording of assessments and completion of Awarding Body paperwork
- Complete Tutor Rationale and Programme Plans with each learner to outline the level of Functional Skills to be completed and the course topics to be studied
- Complete Learning Session Records with each learner to document progress made and the learner journey
- Assist with the identification and diagnosis of learners with additional learning support needs and provide support
- Undertake learner reviews and update Programme Plans, documenting progress made and the learner journey
- Undertake other specified duties including course/resource development, learner induction, tutorial support and associated administrative tasks
- Have available an up-to-date syllabus, schemes of work and lesson plans (showing methods of delivery) for each course/class taught
- Prepare and use suitable teaching and learning materials for a range of courses/classes which take into account differentiation and individual learning styles
- Use a range of appropriate delivery methodologies
- Maintain accurate records as required for examinations, all assessed work and report on learner progress when required
- To provide relevant Functional Skills statistical data to the management team
- Follow all agreed Quality Assurance Systems and Risk Management systems and comply with all policies and procedures e.g. Health & Safety and Equal Opportunities and ensure that these policies are followed
- Undertake appropriate staff development activities that support personal development, ensuring your own teaching practice conforms with standards
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- Relevant teaching qualification e.g. Cert Ed, PGCE or DTLLS
- A minimum level 2 qualification in English, Mathematics and/or ICT
- Experience of delivering Functional Skills (English, Mathematics and/or ICT) up to level 2
- Experience of providing remote support to learners using a range of delivery methods, including the use of technology e.g. Zoom
- Ability to embrace and develop practical and innovative delivery models for Functional Skills
- Ability to adopt contextualised Functional Skills delivery techniques to engage learners
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organisational skills
- Flexible, adaptable and enthusiastic
- Full, current driving licence
- Car owner, with a willingness to use on Pearson TQ business as required (mileage allowance payable)
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.