Are you looking for a meaningful career?
Do you want to be part of an exciting new school community?
As part of several very exciting developments Phoenix Education is expanding its provisions, and therefore we are delighted to announce that we are opening our first Welsh based independent co-educational school. The School will provide learning and supportive environment activities to 25 children and young people from Key Stage 2-4 with Social, Emotional, Behavioural, Mental Health difficulties and Autistic Spectrum Conditions.
This is a unique opportunity to work within a truly therapeutic environment where our dedicated in-house therapy team work seamlessly with education staff to provide meaningful packages of support that enables children and young people to reach their individual potential.
Due to this exciting development, we are looking to recruit several Additional Learning Needs (ALN) Teaching Assistants (TAs). This is a great opportunity for those new to the profession who are enthusiastic to work with students with a variety of special educational needs and those who have worked within this specialist areas already. This is an opportunity to develop your practise in a dynamic and therapeutic environment where a strong and united team ethic will ensure that the needs of our young people are at the centre of all we do.
Ysgol Ty Monmouth will cater initially for 20 students and so positions are likely to be in high demand. If you want to really make a difference and feel you have what it takes to help make this schools become ‘Excellent’, then please get in touch.Skills and Requirements:
- To hold knowledge of the importance of effective safeguarding;
- To demonstrate ability to support the delivery of high-quality lessons, tailored to the needs of individual students and small groups;
- To demonstrate an understanding of the needs of children special educational needs, including skills in managing behaviours that challenge;
- To demonstrate a desire/experience of working with ALN children and the ability to build positive relationships with students and families;
- To demonstrate flexibility and resilience to adapt to the ever-changing needs of our students;
- To demonstrate a commitment to improving outcomes for our students and celebrating their successes;
- To be consistent and reliable, offering reassurance to students at times of need.
- To support teachers to deliver a bespoke curriculum which is tailored to the needs of our students;
- To create and maintain a purposeful, orderly and supportive environment, in accordance with lesson plans and assist with the display of student’s work;
- To use strategies, in liaison with the teacher, to support students to achieve learning goals;
- To assist with the planning of learning activities;
- To monitor student’s responses to learning activities and accurately record achievement / progress as directed;
- To provide detailed and regular feedback to teachers on student’s achievement, progress, problems etc;
- To promote good student behaviour, dealing effectively with conflict and incidents in line with established policies and encourage students and where appropriate to take responsibility for their own behaviour;
- To develop a sound understanding of safeguarding procedures and work collaboratively to safeguard our students;
- To encourage student participation, involvement and personal fulfilment by supporting an individualised curriculum with stimulating and interesting tasks within an agreed program of activities;
- To lead on an area of curriculum and/or school development. (please share any particular areas of strength in your application and if invited to interview).
- To working with students, both inside and outside the classroom in small groups or 1:1 sessions.
Not only will you have the privilege of working with wonderful Young People and fantastic colleagues, as part of Phoenix Learning and Care Group you will be entitled to the following benefits:
- Employee Pension Scheme
- Retail/High-street Shopping Vouchers
- Fully Paid Holiday allowance
- Employee Assistance Scheme
- Fully paid classroom based induction with extensive ongoing training programs
- Aid in obtaining extra qualifications and upskilling
- Internal progression
Successful applicants will be subject to pre-employment checks including an enhanced disclosure and barring service (DBS) check.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.