Primary Teaching Assistant
SupplyWell is working with Primary Schools and SEND Schools in Liverpool and South Sefton. There are currently a number of positions we need to fill for Teaching Assistants on both a long term / full time basis and for day to day supply cover. Working with these schools will offer you the opportunity to broaden your experience and assist children of all different walks of life in their education, development and social wellbeing.
Schools are seeking to recruit both experienced Teaching Assistants and Teaching Assistants who are beginning their career within education. The needs of their pupils are paramount and staff must be able to engage pupils with interesting and exciting learning opportunities; based not only on the National Curriculum, but also to include social skills, wellbeing, personal development, peer interaction and support for one and other.
The school's needs range from developmental assistance in reading, writing & maths, to one-on-one support for students with Special Educational Needs and behavioural support. To be considered for this position you must have a can-do attitude; be prepared to perform whichever task is required of you; have strong interpersonal skills; be able to engage pupils and differentiate work according to academic levels.
In addition SupplyWell has recently partnered with Liverpool's best SEND provision namely SENDscope who will provide our Teaching Assistants with the best possible training. SupplyWell believes in providing both schools and our Teaching Assistants the best possible product.SupplyWell will ensure that Teaching Assistants are paid fairly and have a clear career progression. Teaching Assistants once cleared can earn a minimum of £80 a day. An ideal opportunity to upskill has been arranged and a number of twilight sessions have been arranged to take place at SENDscope. For further information on this please email
To join us and be successful in this role, you will need to:
- Be subject to an Enhanced DBS Disclosure
- Overseas Police Clearances (if applicable) and professional reference checks
- Provide a CV with employment/education history included. Employment breaks must be explained
- Have the legal right to work in the UK
This role will include:
- Teaching pupils with learning developmental difficulties, usually on a small group or 1-2-1 basis
- Supporting students with Special Educational Needs or behavioural issues
- Taking responsibility for the safeguarding of the young people in your care
- Supporting the school team to provide a stimulating, safe and nurturing environment for students to learn
About the schools:
Senior leaders at this school strive to ensure the most positive atmosphere possible for their pupils. Teaching and learning quality is sustainably good, and a creative & exciting curriculum stimulates pupils in their learning. As a result, pupil spiritual, moral & cultural development is outstanding. Teachers and pupils have exceptionally strong relationships, behaviour is exemplary and progress is generally strong. Pupils get off to a good start in the Early Years and the EAL provision is strong.
About the role:
- Day-to-Day experience on a rolling basis, with longer term opportunities for the right candidates
- Hours are 08:30-15:30
- Free onsite parking and close to local transport links from the city centre
- You may be required to assist with programmes outside the classroom and after school from time to time
The benefits of working at this school include:
- Working in a friendly, supportive team
- Ongoing professional development and promotion opportunities
The benefits of working your initial temporary period in the role through SupplyWell include:
- Great referral scheme - recommend a friend and earn up to *£75
- Full interview preparation and assistance - so you're fully prepped and confident, increasing your chances of success.
- An app for your timesheets and to log your availability
This organisation is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expects all staff to share this commitment. Background checks, including an Enhanced Disclosure from the DBS and references, will be required, and references must be able to comment on a candidate's suitability to work with children.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.