Randstad has an opportunity available with Belfast Metropolitan College for an Economic Development Manager to work within the Centre for Business Development.
- Opportunity to work at one of the UK's largest FE / HE colleges
- Band 9 pay rate - £24.32 per hour
- Maternity cover contract
- Immediate start date
- Free onsite parking
- Non-City Centre location
- Enhanced holiday package
- Hold a minimum level 5 qualification in a business-related discipline
- A minimum of 3 years' experience working in business development or similar role managing the delivery of programmes or projects
- Experience engaging with employers or industry to develop programmes that support business/individuals
- Experience of managing the successful delivery of a programme or contract against objectives or targets
- Experience of sales/marketing activities to promote programme activities
- Experience of managing a team
- Responsible for managing the successful delivery of a range of key projects and programmes within the Centre for Business Development.
- To develop and strengthen partnerships and alliances with stakeholders, other education providers, employers, professional bodies, referral agencies and appropriate Government Departments.
- To generate income against targets and increase the penetration rate with employers and other external stakeholders.
- To manage customer accounts and provide the College with information relating to employer activity and training and development needs.
- To communicate with and between internal services to enhance the provision to businesses and local employers.
- To represent the College at appropriate meetings and events as required.
- To fully support the development of the College as a responsive provider of high quality services.
- To promote and market all learning products, programmes, events and activities that the College can provide to employers, organisations and key strategic partners and lead on business development campaigns in order to maximise income generation for the College.
- To participate in the selection, induction and probation of staff, in line with relevant College policies and procedures.
- To develop and implement strategic plans for key programmes, projects and activities within the business development portfolio.
- To successfully deliver a range of Business Development Programmes, such as InnovateUs and Skills Focus against programme objectives and ensure that the College meets all its requirements with regard to compliance for these programmes.
- To generate income against targets and increase the penetration rate with employers
- and other external stakeholders.
Full job description available on request
Randstad Business Support acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad Business Support is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.