Cover Supervisors Needed in Liverpool Secondary Schools
Hays are one of the largest education agencies in the Liverpool area. We have several active Cover supervisor jobs in the greater Merseyside area. As part of an ongoing strategy Hays Education are looking to recruit Cover Supervisors to work in various schools.
Your new company
This secondary school are looking for a Cover supervisor who is available for supply / long term positions. We are looking for Cover Supervisors to join us on an immediate supply basis. They will be given regular to cover of day-to-day vacancies that can occur within a school at very short notice. Upon review, this role could turn into a permanent position for the right person. Hays Education have exclusive contact with Ofsted "Outstanding" and "Good" secondary schools across the Liverpool and Knowsley area.
Your new role
The ideal Cover Supervisor will be confident, have a proven track record of leading a group and be willing to work as part of a team. Cover Supervisor positions will suit outgoing personalities who are looking for an exciting and rewarding role or looking to gain classroom experience before applying for a teaching qualification.
Typical responsibilities of Cover Supervisors include:
* Supervising work that has been set by the class teacher
* Interacting with pupils to assist with learning and teaching
* Ensuring that pupils remain focused on their work
* Dealing with any immediate problems or emergencies
* Managing behaviour by following the school's behaviour policy
* Reporting back on the behaviour of pupils during the class, and any issues arising
What you'll need to succeed
For this opportunity, it will be required that you have:
* Recent experience of working with children in Educational settings (must be able to provide references for at least 6 months) - this could be through a school/ volunteer work placement.
* Sound subject knowledge for the secondary curriculum
* Some knowledge or experience of providing group support
Teaching Assistants, Unqualified Teachers, Undergraduate Students are welcome to apply for Cover Supervisor
If you have worked in any of the below positions, we may be able to help you with this:
* Sports coaching
* Summer Camp Leader
* Youth Worker
* Voluntary work with children
* External Drama Teachers
* Dance Academy Teachers
* Football coaches
* Support Workers
What you'll get in return
In return for this Cover Supervisor role, not only will you receive all the support you need from a DfE accredited recruitment expert, but you will earn competitive rates of pay along with holiday pay accrual in accordance with AWR regulations. You will receive ongoing training and the opportunity to gain a permanent position in the school once this temporary contract is finished. Furthermore, you will be entitled to:
* £250 reward every time you recommend a colleague*
* Option to join our Guarantee Payment Scheme*
* Option to pay into pension
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now on (phone number removed).
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career. We have some excellent working relationships with many schools in the area, so please do not hesitate to get in touch.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.