We are the Leading Independent Assessment Centre in the UK, offering access to a wide range of assessments that are normally out of reach to Private and Home Educated Candidates in a safe, calm and welcoming environment in our 8 centres across the country.
We are looking for qualified A Level Science tutors (Biology, Chemistry, Physics) to join our successful CPAC team and deliver face to face CPAC sessions for private candidates in our labs in Birmingham and London from January 2023 to April 2023.
You can choose which sessions you want to deliver.
- To conduct four-day CPAC sessions at one of our science lab venues in line with AO requirements and the criteria clarified in subject Pen Portraits. Lab technicians are available to support you.
- Follow our AO approved tutor guides
- Take attendance registers on each day of the session and submit these to the NEA team
- Complete all student assessments to ensure each strand of the CPAC requirements have been met and complete a competency tracker (to be submitted to the NEA team) The students have up to 2 weeks to complete their write up work after their lab session has ended
- You must be confident that your students are routinely and consistently competent in all areas of CPAC, including coverage of the majority/all of the apparatus and techniques listed in the tutor guides
- Ensure experiments are carried out safely within H&S risk assessment guidelines
Key skills and Experience
- Fully qualified to GCE Advanced Level and have relevant experience in a school setting
- Qualified Teacher Status with a Science specialism (if you are not currently working for an education establishment)
- Fully trained in Safeguarding
- Fully trained in Standardisation and to renew the training on an annual basis
- Desired but not mandatory First Aid Certificate
Conditions of Employment
- The post holder will be employed on a Self-Employed basis or a casual contract
- The above will be contained in the statement of conditions of employment (Contract of Employment)
- You will need to attend a one-day training session (paid) or shadow one of our experienced tutors on one of their sessions (paid)
- You must possess an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- We will pay promptly either within 7 days of receipt of invoice or on the next scheduled salary date of payroll.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.