ZSL is seeking to recruit an experienced Project Development Manager with knowledge of the Higher Education sector to carry out feasibility studies that will identify the costs and benefits for four areas of development at ZSL’s Institute of Zoology.
Project Development Manager
Hours: Full Time
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Salary: £38,368 (inclusive of London Weighting)
We’re ZSL, an international conservation charity. Through our unrivalled animal experts in our two zoos (London zoo and Whipsnade Zoo), the work of our pioneering scientists, our dedicated conservationists, our purpose is to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wild animals going extinct. Our vision is a world where wildlife thrives and we’re working every day to achieve this. From investigating the health threats facing animals, to helping people and wildlife live alongside each other, we are committed to bringing wildlife back from the brink of extinction.
Working closely with senior ZSL research staff, the post holder will provide evidence-based recommendations on the development of ZSL’s post-graduate teaching provision, assess the feasibility for the launch of a new ZSL scientific journal, provide recommendations on the development of a programme of continuing professional development courses (CPD), and evaluate the potential for ZSL to become a Higher Education listed body or a degree-awarding body. The post holder will provide recommendations based on the feasibility for each development area, and identify the steps and processes required that will enable successful project delivery.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Researching online MSc course provision within the conservation science sector to identify gaps in the market
- Identifying the resource and logistical requirements for developing ZSL’s post-graduate teaching provision, including staff time, teaching space and equipment requirements, administrative support, registration and course delivery platforms
- Researching CPD course provision within the conservation science sector and advising on pricing structures, delivery and marketing approaches.
- Liaising with ZSL’s publishing team, senior research staff and publisher to explore the feasibility of launching a new scientific journal
- Liaising with current and possible future partners in the Higher Education sector to evaluate the feasibility and the costs and benefits of ZSL becoming a listed body or a degree-awarding body
- Have a proven track record of successful project development within the Higher Education sector.
- Have a good knowledge of academic structures and financial processes and in Higher Education.
- Previous experience of managing the development of professional courses is desirable.
- Be educated to degree level or have an equivalent professional qualification in business development.
What do we offer?
"Work Your Way": We empower people to work from where they work best. We believe work is something we do and not a place we go. Our offices have become important places for collaboration and social connection but are no longer our main place of work.
You will have access to a blended programme of Wellbeing initiatives, including confidential access to our 24/7 Employee Assistance Program as well as regular webinars and activities around mental, physical, social and financial wellbeing. The opportunity to be part of an organisation that is committed to improving diversity and inclusion.
Other benefits include 25 days holiday, life assurance, stakeholder pension (employer contribution is matched up to 12%), complimentary zoo tickets with a 30% discount in shops and online, subsidised canteen, enhanced paternity and maternity leave, season ticket loan, cycle to work scheme, discounted gym membership and access to a wide range of learning and development opportunities.
Ultimately, you’ll know that you’ll help us to inspire, inform and empower people to stop wildlife going extinct.
Closing date for applications: 23:59 on Wednesday 10 August 2022
If you would like to find out more, please click the apply button. You will be directed to our website to complete your application for this position.
No agencies please.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.