Title: Creative Arts Workshop Leader
Reports to: Creative Arts Co-Ordinator Dominika Rojeska and Directors Kayleigh Cruickshank, Liz Carrington, and Manager Paul Higgins.
Based at either: Art Works (Rotherham), Brook Hill, Thorpe Hesley, Rotherham S61 2QF or St Polycarps Community Centre, (Sheffield) Wisewood Lane, Malin Bridge, Sheffield S6 4WA or Art Works Studios, Soar Works, 14 Knutton Road, Parsons Cross, Sheffield S5 9NU.
To help plan and organise the creative activities and work placements for all of the service users each day. The centers currently cater for 100 service users we expect this number to rise in the future usually between 8 and 20 in a building a day. We run numerous workshops throughout the day across our three centers Malin Bridge, Parsons Cross, Thorpe Hesley. With a staff ratio of 1:4. Service user attend 0900-1600 (post covid) currently (0930/1000-1500/1530). Working hours for staff 0830-1630 allow for half an hour set up and derig each day and half an hour lunch which will need to be taken on site.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
Maintaining, Budgeting and planning creative activities for the service users taking into account each service users needs and requirements. Overseen by Dominika Rojeska.
Plan and carry out activities on and off site to improve the service user’s life and creative skills.
3. Develop creative ideas regarding the future of Art Works.
4. Respond to and follow up service user queries.
5. Maintain and develop existing and new service users through on-site taster days and liaison Social Services, Colleges, SEN Schools and other relevant sources.
6. Monitor and report on activities and provide relevant management to the Service Users and the Sub Contracted Artists at the centre.
7. Aid business and organisational development.
8. Maintain and report on equipment, cleanliness and task suitability for service users and centre to ensure the correct level of care is sustained.
9. Attend training and to develop relevant knowledge and skills.
10. When both directors are off site please liaise directly with Paul as he will manage the day to day running’s in their absence.
11. You will assist in maintaining and develop service user’s life skills, work flow, files, and documentation as well as supporting Art Works in maintaining health and safety on site.
Required to complete role;
Use of Car during work hours with insurance for business and full drivers license.
Relevant qualifications in Art to be provided at interview.
Willingness to work at other sites when required as well as numerous trips out
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.