Energy Resourcing have a requirement for a Civils Superintendent, with our internal partner, for a 12 month contract position based in Glasgow.
The successful candidate will be part of the site construction management team, with experience in process plant work, as well as working on Petro-chemical/NG gas plants.
- Member of the site construction management team responsible for the supervision and management of the civil and structural subcontractors
- Familiar with process plant work and working on live operational Petro-chemical/NG gas plants.
- Reports to the project team on the performance of his discipline sub-contractors. (Weekly report and daily at co-ordination meetings)
- Promotes Safety Culture in Civil Sub Contractor.
- Co-ordinates the civil / structural works with other disciplines
- Monitors contractor's technical performance against project specifications and facilitate the resolution of any technical queries
- Monitors and enforces project quality standards
- Carries out regular safety audits and participates in the encouragement and enforcement of safe work practices on site Responsible for review of civil contractor's method statements and risk assessments and adherence on site.
- Monitors contractor resources on site for adequacy to meet project targets
- Monitors progress against project programme, identifies problem areas, takes action within the team to facilitate recovery of target dates
- Monitors project documentation for completion and hand over
- Assists project planner with any information required for the planning of the works to achieve target completion dates
- Assists with monitoring of project costs and assessment of any costs for any additional works
- Establish Company inspection, monitoring & hold points
- Can approve site temporary works designs
- Retain daily records of site resources/activities to provide info for any contractor claims
Skills & Qualifications
- Petro Chemical Plant/Gas plant background
- Qualifications & industry standards such as CITB, CTA, City & Guilds, NVQ, safety (CCNSG)and first aid up to date courses attended. Advantage would be the candidate would have attended and passed the ECITB in temporary works
- Piling experience
- Structural steelwork experience
- Detail Re-bar caging & form work experience
- Underground drainage experience
- Road construction experience
- SAF18 qualified desirable
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.