We are in an incredible position to be able to expand our offering at Portfield School. With the introduction of new students and new classrooms, we also need more Teaching Assistants.
Our school provision is oversubscribed each year and we are extremely proud to be Ofsted ‘Good’ aspiring to become ‘Outstanding’.
As a Teaching Assistant, you would support pupils either within our primary phase or within our secondary phase with special educational needs, specifically autism. The role would be to work with our students in a class of 9 to support them through their educational journey. Teaching Assistants are responsible for supporting the students with their teaching and learning so they can reach their full potential.
The rough age bracket for our Primary phase would be 4-10 and 11-16 for our Secondary Phase.
Aiding the Teacher to deliver the curriculum, you will help our students understand lesson activities to support their learning and develop important life skills to prepare them for adulthood.
You will have the chance to work with specialist facilities such as our therapy pool and sensory room, creating unique and inspiring environments. The ability to swim is not essential, but you must be comfortable getting into shallow water with students.
We have Full Time vacancies of 37 hours per week and Part Time vacancies available.
For this role, we are looking for someone who has:
- An adaptable individual who will put the needs of the student first
- Clear communication
- A fun and supportive nature
- The ability to use own initiative
- No hesitation to play and get messy
- The energy to be on the go with the students
- A calm approach even when under pressure
- Willingness to support with personal care such as nappies and toilet training
- An engaging tone of voice
- Good understanding of mental health
- Strong attention to detail
As a Teaching Assistant with us, you will embark on our 12 week on-boarding programme completing a variety of in-house training and development courses to allow you to learn about each student and how you can best support them. You will also have the opportunity to continuously gain new skills during your career with us, whether this is learning sign language, becoming a training tutor yourself or completing NVQ qualifications to allow you to progress within the charity. Previous experience within this field is not required.
What We Can Offer You:
- Paid enhanced DBS when starting
- SEN allowance after successful probation period or DOE
- Employee referral award of £400 (each time!)
- Work term time only
- work within a team who are on hand to provide advice and guidance
- Bespoke training programs
- Healthcare Benefits
- Online perks and discounts
- Extra hours available with our Adult Services during the holidays
- Pension scheme
- Career progression
- Free Parking
Apply now to join in time for our upcoming on-boarding cohorts and begin your career in education.
Start Date: 1st September 2022
Autism Unlimited are committed tosafeguardingandpromotingthewelfare ofthe individuals we support. Wewillensurethatall our recruitment andselectionpracticesreflect this. All successful candidateswillbesubjectto disclosureand barringservicechecksalongwith otherrelevantemploymentchecks.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.