VD Recruitment has partnered with a fantastic nursery that caters for children aged between 3 months and 5 years.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and efficient Nursery Chef / Cook to join their exciting setting where there is ample of room to develop and building a strong motivated staff team, for their lovely new nursery setting.
This is a Full Time permanent role with a shift of 9-5/ 35 hours a week
Salary Offered – £21k
Location - Southwark
Duties & Responsibilities of Nursery Chef / Cook:
- To prepare and cook nutritionally balanced meals appropriate for under fives in accordance with the nursery’s nutritional guidance.
- To contribute ideas to menu planning ensuring the children receive a healthy nutritionally balanced, multi cultural diet.
- To maintain a safe, clean and healthy kitchen environment.
- To regulate kitchen stock control and collate food purchasing orders as appropriate.
- To maintain accurate records regarding temperature controls etc.
- To meet health and safety and environmental health requirements at all times.
- To liaise with nursery staff regarding children’s specific dietary requirements.
- To contribute to and attend his/her staff appraisal.
- To attend any training events or staff/team meetings as identified by the Nursery Manager.
- To ensure adherence to nursery’s code of practice on confidentiality.
- To keep up to date with current good practice. This job description is not an exhaustive list of duties and the post holder will be required to undertake any other reasonable duties discussed and directed by the Nursery Managers.
Knowledge/Skills/Experience Required for the Nursery Chef / Cook:
- Must have a Level 2/3 Food Hygiene Certificate.
- An awareness of food allergies.
- Proven experience and ability to organise, plan and cook nutritionally balanced meals for babies and small children who have different dietary needs.
- The ability to use food preparation equipment and ensure the economic use of materials, equipment and energy.
- The ability to order correct amounts of food and control kitchen stock.
- Ability to work as part of a team and own initiative.
- Ability to manage own time and prioritise tasks.
Staff benefits include:
- Holidays 25 days including bank holidays
- Pension scheme
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team please send your CV.
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide any financial information. Please get in touch if you see any roles asking for payments or financial details from you. For more information, visit jobsaware.co.uk.