Prospero Teaching are looking for a Part Time Science Technician (25 hrs per week over 5 days) to join a permanent position at a secondary school in the Hillingdon area.
This role would see you joining an improving school with a new headteacher for the new academic year supportive student welfare needs and provide first aid in the school. Your role will involve technical support for practical lessons, ensuring that resources and equipment and areas in Science are suitably maintained and fit for purpose. You will also support the learning and teaching activities working closely with staff and pupils. You will ideally have strong experience as a Science Technician in schools recently. The school provide a strong staff wellbeing programme, childcare and cycle to school vouchers and excellent transport links by train or bus/on-site parking if you drive so you are well supported working within the school.
Please note this role will be 25 hours each week Mon-Friday. There is no flexibility with this but the hours each day may have some potential flexibility.
The school are open to considering applications from graduates who have lab based experience during their degree e.g. Chemistry/Biochemistry graduates. If you have significant experience in a lab environment during your degree and are confident working with chemicals and lab equipment then your application can be considered.
The school are looking for a candidate who can join for a September 2020 start.
- Location – Hillingdon, London
- Position – Science Technician
- Type of work – Technician
- Contract or position start date – September 7th 2020
- Contract or position end date (if applicable) – N/A
- Contract type (temp/perm/temp to perm) – perm
- Full time/part time – Part Time
- Minimum rate of pay – £12,948.10
- Hours – flexible across 5 days
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Experience as a science technician within a school environment (recent/current experience) or you are a recent graduate in Chemistry or related field with significant experience in a lab environment
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year desirable however not essential
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team