Exciting Opportunity for a Science Technician
A large Hackney based Secondary school is looking to recruit an enthusiastic Science Technician. This position requires a self-starter who will be able to enrich the success and performance of the Science department, including providing vital support to the teachers and pupils. This is a full-time post and will include planning and supervision, under the guidance of the Head of Department. It is an ideal position for someone who wants to utilise their Science background, without teaching.
Some of your responsibilities as Science Technician will be the following;
- Maintaining equipment
- Constructing apparatus and setting up experiments
- Ordering resources and keeping to department budgets
- Providing assistance during practical exercises in lessons
- Abiding by health and safety standards
As a member of the TeacherActive supply team, you should expect to enjoy the following benefits:
- Market leading daily rates of pay
- A dedicated team of consultants with an in-depth knowledge of our industry
- The opportunity to work with a range of local schools
- Free career and recruitment advice
- TeacherActive Referral Scheme – receive a gift when you refer a friend *Terms and Conditions apply*
To be considered for this position, please submit your CV, email your CV to amy.rooney@teacheractive or call (phone number removed)
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.