Masterclass Education is recruiting a Science Technician to work in our partner school in Hackney, East London. The school is a secondary school offers new state of the art classrooms. A key factor in the success of any Science Department, Science Technicians enable the smooth running of the department by ensuring that apparatus is operating properly and safely for the use in practical Science lessons.
Specific tasks will vary according to the term, however typical duties include:
- Carrying out risk assessments for practical and technical activities
- Preparing necessary solutions and equipment for practical experiments
- Maintaining, repairing and taking inventory of apparatus
- Liaising with staff over equipment and safety issues
- Running trials of experiments and demonstrations
- Supporting the overall work of the Science Department
- Carrying out administrative tasks to support teachers.
Ideal candidates would have:
- Experience in a similar position
- Science based qualification
- Flexible work attitude
- Health and Safety training
- Experience working in a Lab environment
If you are interested in this position, then please apply here, or call to speak to our Secondary Team.
Alternatively, if you know someone who would be suited to this role, then please send across their details. You could earn up to £250 for any successful candidates after they have worked just 10 days.