Interventions Teaching Assistant, Year 6 | Bury | SEPTEMBER 2020
Job Reference: GHBURINTTAY60106
Job Start Date: September 2020
Position Type: Full-time, to May 2021
Sector: Primary School
Role: Year 6 Interventions Teaching Assistant
About the job
Prospero Teaching is working closely with a Bury Primary School that is looking to appoint a Teaching Assistant to support children in Year 6. The successful applicant will provide targeted input to help raise attainment in core areas including SPAG, Reading and Maths. The position is to start in September and will continue to May 2021.
This is a 'Good' school with high expectations for all children. There is a welcoming atmosphere, a strong team spirit, and staff ensure that all children receive the provision they need to reach their potential. To be considered for this position, you must have strong curriculum knowledge, and experience of delivering interventions for Year 6 children. You will need to be confident in assessing children's understanding, and be able to provide accurate feedback for the class teacher.
About the school and contract:
- Ofsted rating of 'Good'
- Supportive and positive staff team
- High expectations
- Full-time position, required to May 2021
The successful Teaching Assistant will:
- Be experienced within KS2, ideally Year 6
- Be confident delivering interventions based around Maths, Reading and SPAG
- Have a confident and calm manner and be skilled in positive behaviour management
- Be available long-term and willing to be committed until May 2021
The successful Teaching Assistant will have the following:
- Suitable Teaching Assistant qualification
- UK classroom experience
- Eligibility to work in the UK
- References covering the last 12 months
- A fully enhanced DBS on the online update service, or be prepared to process a new one at a cost of £45.80
If you would like to know more about this Year 6 Interventions Teaching Assistant position then please call our Senior Primary Consultant, Georgina, here at Prospero, on (phone number removed).
If you know of anyone who may be interested in this position, please forward their details to us and you could be eligible for our £100 referral scheme (Terms and conditions apply).
We work hard to ensure that every step of your path with Prospero Teaching is a great one. We offer free CPD certified qualifications and courses in safeguarding, Phonics, teaching, lesson planning, behaviour management and much more.