Are you looking for more than just a job? Do you ever feel like you want to give something back? Are you looking for a role that allows you to help people fulfil their potential? We have the perfect role for you…
Randstad Student & Worker Support is recruiting a Specialist one to one study skills tutor (ASD) to work with students in Bath.
We have students with ASD who are requiring one to one support in their Higher Education studies. We are looking for the right individuals to support our students to really make a difference. The role is set to start as soon as possible
Specialist tutors provide one to one assistance to students and work with an Individual Learning Plan (ILP). They encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and to develop their skills. They can help students to become more confident and independent learners so that they are able to use their enhanced skills, not only at university, but also to take with them into the workplace. Sessions are tailored to suit specific individual needs as each individual is different
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £20-£23 per hour - you will receive this rate, plus your benefits such as holidays
- Working for the UK's leading provider - you're in safe hands
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
- Enhancing social skills & confidence
- Developing skills for managing academic stress
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
We are looking for candidates that hold a PGCE / teaching qualification and have experience in supporting adults with Autism / Aspergers and / or Dyslexia.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
If you have the above and are interested in this rewarding part time role supporting students in Higher Education…..we want to talk to you.
With you on board we can really help your students have a better future.Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.