SENDCO vacancy - September 2020
Academy - Essex
Uniform Education are working with an academy trust who are looking to appoint a SENDCO for September 2020.
This is a key role in overseeing the provision for children with special educational needs or disabilities, likely to suit an experienced individual in a similar role. If you would like to coordinate, oversee, and support in the day-to-day operation of our academy's SEN policy, support our students and work within an exceptional team then we would like to hear from you.
There will be excellent opportunities for progression and promotion as our academy continues to grow.
We can offer you the opportunity to advance your career within a supportive academy environment. You will be part of a Federation established in developing practitioners and nurturing excellent future leaders, with unrivaled opportunities for progression; whatever your aspirations as a teacher, middle or senior leader, our Teaching School Alliance provides a range of bespoke courses and qualifications, including our Aspiring Leaders NPQML and NPQSL programmes to help you achieve your ambitions more quickly.
The Academy is a thriving, diverse and friendly three form entry academy that launched in September 2014 and is funded through the free school programme. We serve the communities of Chafford Hundred and West Thurrock. We moved into our brand new building, capable of accommodating five forms of entry, in 2016, and were rated 'Outstanding' by Ofsted in 2017.
What we are looking for
We look for talented individuals who want to be a part of transforming education in London, and helping create exceptional places of learning. We are looking for:
- QTS (or equivalent) and an undergraduate degree
- Someone who can model and disseminate high quality teaching pedagogy and practice to secure consistently good or outstanding teaching and learning for our children
- A person with the potential and ambition to undertake phase or core subject leadership
- A commitment to ongoing professional development
- Someone who will contribute to the wider life at the academy
- A teacher who will maintain a dynamic and inspiring learning environment
- Innovation, high levels of motivation and eagerness to take a lead
As part of the Federation, we can offer you a range of benefits, including:
- The opportunity to develop and grow your career within the Federation.
- Performance and loyalty bonus
- Pension scheme (LGPS) and access to our Wellbeing Cash Plan, covering a range of health and wellbeing benefits
- Bicycle Purchase and ICT loans
To apply for the post, please email on return your current and CV and preferably a cover letter or personal statement.