Our wonderful West Hill Day Nursery and Preschool in Wandsworth are recruiting for a passionate Nursery Manager to join the Bright Horizons Family.
As a Nursery Manager working with us, you can expect a competitive salary between £38,000 - £47,000 (dependent on qualification and experience), excellent training and development as well as a caring and passionate place to work.
West Hill Nursery and Preschool is a 105 place nursery, located in Wandsworth, London. Open Monday to Friday 7.30am – 6.30pm. The Nursery has seven individual age appropriate rooms each with a dedicated naturally inspiring external play area as well as a children’s kitchen, art studio and science studio. Well located, just a 7 minute walk to East Putney underground station and Wandsworth Town overground station. Also on bus routes 37, 170, 337 & 670.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Designated Safeguarding Lead to promote the health, safety and welfare of children and employees and families in line with our child protection and keeping everyone safe policies and procedures.
- Responsibility to make referrals to external agencies and regulatory bodies
- Sets the high standards of behaviour across their setting in line with our Heart Principles
- Lead, mentor and inspire a team to deliver pedagogical exceptional care and education and provide feedback to create a consistent approach of early years practice to include but not limited to regular 1:1’s, Supervisions and appraisals
- Continually work in partnership with colleagues, parents and/or carers or other professionals to meet the individual needs of the children ensuring a diverse and inclusive approach is maintained at all times.
- Achieve Good, Excellent or Outstanding regulatory assessments and ensuring internal audit process and requirements are met in line with company expectations.
- Identify commercial opportunities to continuously increase FTE and achieve KPI’s set within People, Quality Growth
- Ensure internal policies and procedures are adhered whilst also meeting the external legislation and guidelines from our governing bodies.
- Fulfil recruitment needs for the nursery as required aligned to the Safer Recruitment Policy
- Provide new starters with tailored inductions to suit both local and internationally recruited new starters
Knowledge, skills and Qualifications:
- Early Years Qualification at level 3 or above (Early Years Degree desirable)
- Sound/Good commercial acumen
- Ability to plan and strategise
- Powerful performance coach
- Collaborative and decisive
- Analytical capability
- Up to date knowledge of regulatory requirements
- Uncompromising on quality
- At least 2 years Post qualified experience of working within the Early Years sector (or equivalent)
- Full and relevant Level 3 and or above (equivalent) Childcare qualification
- Current Paediatric First Aid
We look forward to receiving your application!