We are urgently looking for an experienced and motivated Teacher for long–term supply cover in Newcastle.
We are working closely with this SEMH provision, to source a Teacher who can teach Mathematics to GCSE.
As a Supply Teacher working for PK Education you will be required to deliver lessons across the GCSE curriculum tailoring to the needs of SEND students.
- Leading classroom sessions, with the support of SEND Teaching Assistant(s) You must be able to direct and motivate support staff effectively
- Supervise students in lessons whilst delivering the curriculum effectively .
- Managing pupil behaviour in the classroom and being up to date with techniques to support good behaviour
- Be familiar with the school’s policies and procedures and deal with any immediate problems.
- Working as part of a wider team in school, communicating and reporting where required
We ask the following of you …..
In order to be successful as a SEND Supply Teacher, you should have finished your studies and hold full QTS. You should be motivated, pro-active and caring.
You must hold a UK recognised qualification and have recent experience working with pupils with SEMH. You should have a good knowledge of GCSE Mathematics and a passion for helping children to achieve their full potential.
You must be willing to undertake our standard vetting procedures and hold either a DBS on the update service, or be willing to complete an application.
You must be flexible and reliable.
Applications are welcomed from NQT’s with a genuine passion for SEND.
We especially welcome applications from those who hold Team Teach or equivalent.
A genuine variety of work and a great track record in securing work for our candidates
The support of a dedicated team of consultants with regular contact