Prospero Teaching is looking to recruit a Behaviour Teaching Assistant / Mentor to work as part of a specialist support team working with KS3 and KS4 students with social, emotional, mental health needs and challenging behaviour in Sheffield.
Acting as a work-finding service, we provide supply cover to a range of Primary, Secondary and SEND Schools; from small village schools to large secondary schools. We are looking for Teachers to cover all classes from Reception through to KS5 and who have strong behaviour management skills and are passionate about teaching.
Prospero Teaching work with both newly qualified teachers and experienced teachers by helping you find your next position. Some contracts may be extend from day-to-day bookings to longer term cover.
- Location - Sheffield
- Position - Behaviour Mentor | SEMH Teaching Assistant
- Type of work - SEMH, Challenging Behaviour, Learning Support
- Start date - January or February 2020
- Duration / Likely Duration - Long Term contract
- End date (if applicable) - July 2020
- Contract type - Temporary / Permanent
- Full time/part time - Full time
- Minimum rate of pay - Minimum rate £61.60 per day
- Hours - 8:30am - 3:00pm
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- 1 years experience working as a Teaching Assistant, Mentor, Sports Coach or in a similar youth setting
- Team Teach (not essential - free training provided)
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year (not essential - free training provided)
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional child related references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team