PK Education are looking to recruit a number of Cover Supervisors due to the increase in demand for them in a number of schools in the Sheffield area.
We’re looking for people that have experience working with children, that think they have what it takes to work in schools with challenging behaviour.
We need someone that is able to deal with behaviour quickly and effectively, not be shy to chat with the children, and support young people to do better in their school life.
As a cover supervisor, your role will be to go into schools and cover the lesson in the absence of the teacher. You will be responsible for a number of classes throughout the day that may be of different subjects and age groups. As well as this, you’ll be responsible for implementing the behaviour policies throughout the school.
The right candidate will:
- Have a high standard of education, ideally educated to degree level.
- Have experience of working with children aged 11-16
- Have a calm and flexible approach to dealing with challenging behaviour.
- Have the ability to motivate our learners who may have become disaffected to achieve qualifications and fulfil their potential.
- Good attention to detail essential for completion of paperwork and student folders.
- Be able to build rapport with students quickly
- Be quite confident, bubbly and outgoing
- Drive and have their own car (desirable but not essential)
The Cover Supervisor role may require you to work in different schools on different days, however you’re not required to do any planning or marking! The work is already pre-planned for you; however, a degree of common sense is required to navigate around the school, and log on to the systems used etc.
The school are dedicated to raising the aspirations and achievement of all students in their community and they’re proud that the progress of our current students is better than ever before.
If you think you’d like to be a Cover Supervisor with strong behaviour management, please apply for this role now!
Alternatively, if you’d like more information about the role, or PK Education and how we work, you can contact me on (phone number removed) or email/send your CV to (url removed)