SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant
£60 - £85 per day
The SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant will be required to work in a specialist provision for children with severe and profound learning difficulties. The setting work with pupils aged between 3 and 19 years however this role is to work within the secondary site, for pupils aged between 11 and 16 years.
Working alongside the SLT, SEND team and other specialist staff you will provide support for learning activities by young people on an individual or group basis.
You will be required to have experience in working with children within the last 2 years and have some knowledge of various SEN needs including but not limited to Severe and Profound Learning Difficulties, Complex Needs, Autism and Sensory Impairment.
The School is set in the Bristol area. With access to public transport routes and parking the schools is easily accessible.
The school provides tailor-made education and support to a wide range of pupils who have complex needs. Personalised child centred learning which includes a creative curriculum means children have a full educational experience, alongside social, emotional, physical, spiritual & moral education.
The school have a well-established staff and dedicated team. The SLT are supportive and there is a real atmosphere of teamwork. Due to the needs of the pupils CPD and training is an essential part of the role.
To be considered for the SEN Teaching Assistant / SEN TA / LSA / Learning Support Assistant position, you will:
• Have relevant experience in working with Children with SEN needs within last 2 years
• Hold a Current enhanced DBS on the update service.
• Be a team player with a genuine passion for children’s education within the SEN setting.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company Tes Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
• Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
• Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
• Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
• Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
• FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
• Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
• £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
• Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you are a Teaching assistant who can enthuse, motivate and engage students and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact our Bristol team.