Learning Support Assistant Needed in Telford for SEND School.
Are you looking for an exciting new challenge? Are you a supportive and dedicated LSA / Learning Support Assistant? Can you take direction from a class teacher and fully support them in delivering engaging lessons?
A Learning Support Assistant is required for day-to-day supply cover in a SEND school in Telford.
The school caters for students aged 11 - 16 with statements of autism and SEMH, as well as those under the care of the Local Authority. We are looking for LSA / Learning Support Assistants who can support students 1:1 and in small groups. The ability to be creative with lessons to engage students with various abilities is a must. You must be able to gain their trust and help them to develop essential skills for life beyond education.
The school is a great place to work; the staff are friendly, dedicated and supportive of one another.
The ideal Learning Support Assistant will ideally have:
- Level 3 NQV qualification with SEND experience.
- Restraint training such as Team Teach or equivalent.
- The ability to follow instructions set by the class teacher.
- Have a positive attitude towards teaching.
- The ability to build good relationships with the pupils who will need that extra support.
- Fantastic classroom management.
In return, the successful Learning Support Assistant will receive:
- A great rate of pay
- Fantastic prospects of further long term work
- A high level of support provided by your dedicated consultant
- The opportunity to make a genuine difference
If you would like further information on this exciting position please call Rachael on (phone number removed) or email your CV to (url removed)
All applicants will be contacted to discuss suitability and then invited to register with TeacherActive.
Registration involves an enhanced DBS check, ID checks and will require you to supply good professional references. We pride ourselves on excellent service. We can provide a wide range of opportunities in schools and other educational institutions, with good rates of pay, at times to suit your needs.
Regular external audits have shown repeatedly that our standards are exceptional. We are passionate about finding the right staff for each environment.
TeacherActive is an equal opportunities employer, and operates as an Employment Business in providing temporary or contract job-seeking services.