There is now an opportunity for someone with a Mechanical Maintenance Engineering background to move into a training role. Previous teaching experience is NOT essential, but an interest in training is. As Mechanical Maintenance Engineer Trainer you will be offered a salary package of c£32,000-£35,000 + bonus + pension + life assurance + healthcare.
The post is based in Medway, Kent, however there will be regular trips to client sites across the UK once or twice a month (including overnight stays), to conduct on-site training there.
You will be joining a highly respected, well-established company that works with a number of key engineering firms. Crucially you MUST have mechanical maintenance experience. Also any management / supervisory experience would be an advantage (but is not essential).
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide mechanical training to craftspersons as part of up-skilling programmes
- Teaching and instructing learners
- Assessing learner capability both at training centres and at client sites
- Providing guidance and mentoring throughout the courses
- Documentation of the learning process
Skills and Experience required:
- A solid background in mechanical maintenance
- Ideally apprentice-served or equivalent although supplementary experience may be considered
- Supervisory / management skills an advantage, as is previous training experience
- Willingness to gain Assessor qualifications
- Good communication skills and ability to deliver both practical and theoretical training
- Competent IT skills