Exact Education are working with a Nursery in Gosforth who are looking for a Nursery Nurse to join them on a year contract working 34 hours per week on a mixed rota across 5 days between the hours of 8am-6pm.
For this position you must be Level 3 Qualified in Childcare and hold experience of working with children from 0-2years of age.
Please see below the job description:
- To effectively deliver the EYFS planning and delivering activities ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
- Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
- To carry out personal care to all children in your care.
- To develop and maintain strong partnerships with Nurseries and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
- To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
- To advise manager/deputy of any concerns, e.g. over children, parents, the safety of the environment, preserving confidentiality as necessary.
- To be flexible within working practices of each of the settings, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
- To work alongside the managers and staff teams to ensure that the setting’s philosophy is fulfilled.
- To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the settings.
- To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
- To be aware of the high profile of the settings and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
- To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.