Mondays and Tuesdays
Vision for Education are looking to appoint an SEND Adult Support Worker (Complex Needs, Part Time) to join our successful supply team and work in a Liverpool-based adult day service for men and women that offers education and social care day placements for young adults described as having complex needs.
Due to their success, they are continually increasing the number of service users, and are now seeking to expand their workforce with a number of Key Worker posts.
Their aim is to support service users in preparing for adulthood, meeting the necessary outcomes identified for quality care.
Purpose of the role
Working as part of a dynamic and creative team, the SEND Adult Support Worker (Complex Needs, Part Time) will focus on providing care and support for men and women (19+) who are described as having complex needs, supporting the service users on a 1:1 basis or within a group setting, meeting their personalised needs and facilitating an outcome-driven approach.
Role of the Key Worker
- To support the service user on a 1:1 basis or within a group setting, meeting their personalised needs and facilitating an outcome-driven approach.
- To support the service users' family where appropriate.
- To assist the team in developing specific, person-centred programmes that will meet individual needs.
- To contribute to, and deliver, a timetable of activities as part of a person-centred programme.
- To be responsible for implementing care plans for service users. Reviewing and updating when required.
- To follow programme policies and practices, ensuring physical, intellectual, social and emotional needs of service users is met in a professional and dignified manner.
- To ensure standards for Outcomes for Care are met, adhering to the Dignity in Care Charter and enabling transition into adulthood.
- To think creatively on how to meet the individual needs and preferences of our service users.
- To be involved in the teaching and learning practices which align with transition to adulthood outcomes.
- To maintain appropriate standards of cleanliness, hygiene and tidiness in the premises - including bathroom areas - throughout the day and following the departure of service users.
- To administer basic first aid and the administration of medication, ensuring organisation policies and procedures ar adhered to.
- To carry out, during the course of contracted hours, other duties that may be requested in a time of need, change or crisis within reasonable expectations of the position.
- To engage in opportunities for professional development including in-service training and competencies, activity development groups and staff meetings. These may be related to individually-identified needs or to the development of the whole Charity and the staff group.
- To participate in the performance management process.
- To contribute to the work of the provision and the development of its philosophy by promoting positive attitudes towards people with social needs and demonstrate these attitudes by affording service users the right to privacy, respect, dignity, understanding and affection.
NOTE: This job description may be reviewed at the end of the year, or earlier if necessary, to take account of any development or change, which may be required for the benefit of the service users. In addition, it may be amended at any time in consultation with you.
The service prides itself on working together to create person-centred and outcome driven support for 19-30 year olds who are described as having complex needs.
To be considered for the SEND Adult Support Worker (Complex Needs, Part Time) position, you will:
- Have experience of working as a key worker/support worker in some capacity.
- Be able to show empathy to those in your care.
- Have a genuine desire to become part of a committed team of staff.
- Have a fun and friendly approach with and without the adults in your.
Vision for Education is committed to safeguarding children and young people. We take our responsibilities extremely seriously. All staff we register will undertake thorough interviewing and referencing checks and hold, or be prepared to undergo, an Enhanced DBS check that must be registered on the Update Service.
About Vision for Education
Vision for Education is a market-leading education recruitment and supply agency committed to the learning and development of young people. We are an employer of choice for high-quality primary, secondary and SEND teaching and support staff. We have branches across the country, and we are part of the world-renowned education company TES Global.
What Vision for Education offer
As a valued employee of Vision for Education, you will receive:
- Excellent daily rates paid weekly by our in-house payroll team using the Pay As You Earn (PAYE) system.
- Guaranteed pay scheme (subject to availability and qualifying criteria).
- Pension contributions (subject to a qualifying period).
- Full compliance with AWR (Agency Workers’ Regulations), to make sure you get the pay and working conditions you are entitled to.
- FREE training to help with your professional development such as Team Teach, Autism Awareness and an online Educare training package worth £350.
- Regular social events with 100% complimentary food and drinks.
- £50 refer a friend or colleague bonus scheme.
- Access to a dedicated consultant, who will provide ongoing support.
How to apply
If you feel you can enthuse, motivate and engage those in your care, and would like the challenge of working in a demanding and rewarding environment, then we want to hear from you.
Apply today via this website, or for more information about this role and other opportunities across Vision for Education, please contact Daniel on (phone number removed) or (url removed).