SEN School (SEMH) in Tower Hamlets is recruiting for a temp to perm English SEN Teacher. Full time position to start immediately!
Successful and culturally diverse Tower Hamlets SEN School that caters to pupils with SEMH and behavioural difficulties. They have a strong team from SLT to support staff that all work exceptionally well together. Welcoming & helpful staff who all work well and are incredibly supportive. Teachers at this Special Needs school have been graded ‘Good’ with ‘Outstanding’ features and as such all new teaching staff must be able to follow suit. Students range from primary to secondary levels & respond well to open-minded, approachable, consistent & empathetic staff.
New opportunity has arisen for either a MPS or UPS SEN English Teacher / Teacher of English for a full time temp to perm role to start ASAP! This role would suit either a qualified SEN or mainstream Teacher of English / English Teacher. They are looking for an all-round good to outstanding SEN Teacher of English / English Teacher who has experience working with SEN pupils who have challenging & emotional behaviour. It is imperative that you have taught English Literature & Language from KS3 & KS4 levels (KS2 preferable but not essential). Please note this is NOT an EAL/ ESL/ EFL/ TEFL/TESOL post and would unfortunately not suit that type of teacher. This is a new school and department so an exciting time to join where you can put your stamp in the department! You have exceptional knowledge of the UK curriculum. It is imperative that the successful practitioner is able to effectively plan, teach and deliver a creative, fun and engaging lessons! You can successfully motivate your students effectively.
- Must have a UK recognised Mainstream or SEN Teaching certificate (PGCE/ QTS / GTP / SCITT / Teach First etc)
- You must have taught English Literature & Language in a mainstream or SEN school (This would NOT suit an ESL/EAL/ EFL/TEFL /ESOL / TEFL etc teacher)
- Must have taught English at KS3 & KS4
- Your SEN teaching experience must have been with challenging behaviour students e. SEBD/ EBD/ ADHD/ SEMH/ ASD etc
- MPS or UPS English Teacher welcome to apply
- Consistent, empathetic, dedicated and strong classroom practitioner
- Effective at motivating your pupils by teaching fun and engaging lessons