Prospero Teaching is looking for a specialist SEN TA to work within various special needs schools in the Bristol area and provide 1:1 support for a children with autism, social emotional behavioural difficulties, learning difficulties and physical difficulties. These schools cover all age groups from 3 years old to 18 years old.
The positions are open to individuals who may have experience working with special needs, and also to those who have limited experience but a passion to learn more within this field. A free CPD course is available to all which focusses on teaching positive behaviour management and enables individuals to be able to deescalate challenging behaviour. The roles are long term ongoing and are 5 days a week, Monday to Friday from 8.30am to 3.30pm.
- Location – various schools in the Bristol area
- Position - SEN Teaching Assistant
- Ongoing and day to day
- Full time
- Minimum rate £65 per day
EXPERIENCE, TRAINING AND QUALIFICATIONS
- A level of understanding about childcare and special educational needs
- SEN experience preferred
- Some experience working with children
- Up to date Safeguarding training issued in the last year - Prospero can provide this
- Team Teach qualification is desirable – Prospero will provide this training if you are successful for the position
TO BE ELIGIBLE FOR THIS ROLE THROUGH PROSPERO TEACHING, YOU MUST:
- Hold Right to Work in the UK
- Hold an enhanced child barred list DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
- Provide two professional references
If you would like to be considered, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Unfortunately, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to these vacancies. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill the vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
- Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding, Team Teach and behaviour management
- In-house Training and Development Team