*All applicants must have a Level 3 in Childcare or equivalent*
- To provide a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care for all children in the nursery
- To give support to other team members throughout the nursery
- To work as part of a team in order to provide an enabling environment in which all individual children can play, learn and develop
- To build and maintain strong partnerships with parents
- To work within the requirements set out in the Statutory Framework for the Early Years Foundation Stage – Setting the standards for learning, development and care for children from birth to five
- Occasionally situations may arise that require the post holder to perform other duties or tasks as may be reasonably requested by the nursery
- You will be committed to continuous improvement in all aspects of the nursery and able to implement change when required.
- Responsibilities will include:
- To achieve and maintain high standards of care and education and overseeing the planning and implementation of the EYFS curriculum across all age groups.
Ensuring child/staff ratios are adhered to at all times and that all daily checklists are completed on time and accurately, such as opening and closing the nursery, outdoor risk assessments, and all internal domestic areas checklists.
To keep abreast of current early childhood thinking/trends specifically related to the relevant curriculum. To assist in compiling policies and ensure all policies and procedures are implemented and adhered to at all time.
To implement an effective parent liaison program and to be influential in developing strong partnerships with parents, guardians and carers.
Essential CACHE level 3, NVQ level 3, EYE or equivalent
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to work to deadlines and under pressure.
- Knowledge and experience of Ofsted standards, child development and EYFS.
- Excellent communication and IT skills.
- Strong people management skills.
- Paediatric first aid