Are you looking for an exciting role which varies day to day? Are you interested in helping students to achieve their full academic potential?
We are looking for a dedicated and motivated specialist one-to-one study skills tutor to work
with students at universities in the beautiful city of Bath.
Starting in September 2019, you will be providing students with disabilities with one-to-one support with their higher education studies.
Working with an Individual Learning Plan, you will be encouraging students to take responsibility for their own learning, whilst providing your expertise in language and study skills to help students develop strategies to improve their studies.
As a specialist support tutor you are expected to be a facilitator, not an advocate or mentor.
- Flexible working hours - you choose your own hours!
- 28 days holiday pay pro rata - perfect for the summer holidays and Christmas breaks
- £28 per hour - you will receive this rate and other benefits
- Working for the UK's leading provider
- Interacting directly with students - YOU help them to achieve their goals
Providing individual support to students with Specific Learning Difficulties (SpLD). You will help your students with:
- Time Management
- Assignment Planning
You will work closely with Randstad regarding the needs of individual students, and to ensure that any concerns are addressed in a timely manner. You will be expected to act professionally and maintain confidentiality within your role at all times, sharing all relevant information with Randstad to ensure the best possible service to your students.
This is a specialist role, so requires specialist skills. You must hold a professional membership with one of the following:
- Professional Association for Teachers and Assessors (PATOSS)
- British Dyslexia Association (BDA)
- Dyslexia Guild
- The Association of Dyslexia Specialists in Higher Education (ADSHE)
To support students with Autism Spectrum Disorder (ASD) you must hold a degree and a teaching qualification with comprehensive training in adult autism.
Further skills/requirements include:
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Ability to identify ways of helping students to build on their learning strengths whilst maintaining a confidential and professional working relationship
- Accurate spelling and grammar skills
- Punctuality and reliability
- Good organisational skills
- Ideally you will have experience in working with specific learning difficulties individuals in higher or further education.
If you have the suitable qualifications and think you would be suitable for the role, please do not hesitate to get in touch!
With you on board we can really help students have a better future.
If you have any questions or need any further information about the role, please call (phone number removed)Randstad SWS acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Randstad SWS is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merits alone.