- Tuition work is completely flexible, you are able to commit to as much or as little tuition work as you wish.
- Referrals will be dependent on the desired outcomes and referral requirements at the time that it is made, and take place during the school day or after school hours. This opportunity may suit somebody who is looking for a better work / life balance or would simply like to earn an additional income alongside your current work commitments.
- Salaries are paid on an hourly basis and will be dependent on your experience and qualifications, between £20 - £30 per hour. These are set rates with local authority departments that we must adhere to.
- Due to the nature of this work, it is essential that you are able to plan, deliver tuition sessions and report back on a weekly basis to a high standard.
- Our tuition packages are designed to promote attainment, support reintegration and maximise education opportunities for vulnerable children and young people aged 3 - 19.
Ideally you will be a qualified teacher OR have a degree with good subject knowledge. It is worth noting that whilst we do offer tuition across all subject areas our most frequently requested tuition subjects are English, Maths and Science across all key stages. Please note that any person contacted for tuition work will be subject to pre-employment checks in line with safer recruitment practices when working with children and young people, therefore you cannot work until you have completed a full registration.
Requirements for the position:
* QTS or QTLS is preferred however not essential.
* Experience working with Students below ages related expectations.
* Highly motivated and focused on achieving the best for every student.
* The ability to engage and motivate hard to reach learners.
To be eligible for the 1:1 Tutor position through Prospero Teaching you must:
* Hold Right to Work in the UK
* Hold an enhanced DBS certificate registered with the online update service or be willing to process a new application
* Provide two recent, professional references
If you would like to be considered for this role, please apply with a copy of your up to date CV. Please note, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
Prospero Teaching is acting as an employment business/education recruitment agency in relation to this vacancy. The successful candidate will be required to register with Prospero Teaching in order to fill this vacancy.
Prospero Teaching is able to offer the successful candidate:
* Free, accredited continued professional development courses including safeguarding and behaviour management
* In-house Training and Development Team
- Start Date
- Contract Length
- Contact Name
- Login or register to view
- Job Reference
- Job ID
- Less than 10