Job Title: English Teacher
Salary Scale: £140 - £180 per day
Start Date: October 2019 (Half term)
Contract: Maternity Cover
GSL Education are currently looking for a qualified English Teacher to join a high achieving secondary school graded ‘GOOD’ by Ofsted. This will be a maternity cover until the end of the academic year, starting from October half term.
The role is at a successful 11-19 girls' secondary school, located in Camden. The school is a thriving, diverse and successful comprehensive high school, which is committed to high standards.
The school is looking to appoint an inspirational English Teacher who shares their belief in the highest standards of academic attainment in a comprehensive setting. The successful candidate should be an innovative and dynamic English Teacher who is able to teach at KS3 to KS4.
The school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff to share this commitment.
The successful candidate must:
- Be a qualified English teacher (ideally with PGCE, GTP, B'ed, Cert Ed, BA with QTS).
- Demonstrate recent experience as an English Teacher.
- Hold good honours degree or equivalent in English.
- Be proven to raise and maintain attainment levels, keeping standards high.
- Be an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who leads by example.
- Demonstrate good communication and interpersonal skills with excellent behaviour management strategies.
GSL Education is an ethical, independent recruitment agency serving teachers across Greater London. Our advertised teaching roles relate to real vacancies that exist in our client Schools.
We welcome applications from all the interested candidates, who feel that they can add value to this school and can prosper in a highly effective, fast-paced environment. Candidates wishing to apply are requested to forward a copy of their CV to our Education Consultant, Jamie-Lee Pratt, as soon as possible.