New Directions Education are currently looking to recruit a teaching assistant for a busy secondary school based in Wigan. This is a high achieving school that pride themselves on maintaining good results and resources for their pupils.
The ideal candidate will be flexible to work in mixed year groups within Key Stage 3. As a teaching assistant you will be able to work with pupils on a 1:1 basis and feel comfortable working in a class room setting. This school is looking for an approachable character who can bring the best out of pupils in their learning development and work well alongside classroom teachers in providing vital support.
This position is 5 days a week and for the right candidate has the potential to continue for the full school year. If you have had a minimum of 6 months experience within a school and have the availability to start this position immediately then please consider applying.
Teaching, Learning or Classroom Assistants are now vital resources for teachers and are heavily relied upon in schools.
We specialise in recruiting Teaching Assistants (TA) who are qualified in the following;
- NVQ Level 2 Teaching Assistant
- NVQ Level 3 Teaching Assistant
- Higher Level Teaching Assistant (HLTA)
- CACHE Level 3 in Childcare & Education
- BTEC National Certificate in Childhood Studies (Nursery Nursing).
We’ll also consider experienced Learning Support Assistants (LSAs) who have previously held a job in a primary school or assisted a pupil in the role in a secondary school but do not hold any of the above qualifications.
Jobs in additional learning needs (ALN)
A large number of our jobs are in ALN and we fill many vacancies in schools with candidates who have particular experience in working with children classified as having:
- Autistic Spectrum Disorder (ASD)
- Multi-Sensory Impairment (MSI)
- Moderate Learning Difficulties (MLD)
- Profound and Moderate Learning Difficulties (PMLD)
- Emotional Behavioural Difficulties (EBD)
- Severe Learning Difficulties
- Physical Disabilities (PD).
As a teaching assistant you’ll be expected to:
- Assist in the educational and social development of pupils under the direction and guidance of the head teacher, ALNCO and class teachers
- Assist in the implementation of Individual Education Programmes (IEP) for students and help monitor their progress
- Provide support for individual students inside and outside the classroom to enable them to fully participate in activities
- Assist class teachers with maintaining student records
- Support students with emotional or behavioural problems and help develop their social skills.
What New Directions Education offers:
- A dedicated and expert Account Manager
- Regular and varied supply work
- Competitive rates of pay
- Potential long-term roles
- Full compliance with the Agency Workers Regulation (AWR)
- A network of branches across the UK
- One of the preferred suppliers to all 22 local authorities in Wales under the All Wales Framework Agreement
- We are the major teaching supply agency for Welsh speaking teachers across Wales
- Recommend-a-friend scheme
- Respected reputation across the education and recruitment industry
We are fully committed to the protection of children and vulnerable adults. All applicants must undertake a full enhanced DBS (formerly CRB) check.