VD Recruitment has partnered with a leading chain of Day Care Nurseries based in the heart of Mitcham that caters to creativity, individuality and self confidence. This free flow nursery is registered for 67 children.
We are seeking to appoint an experienced and efficient Nursery Manager to join their wonderful team at the Ofsted Rated ‘ Outstanding’ who has experience in maintaining high Ofsted reports and building a strong motivated staff team, for their lovely nursery setting in Mitcham.
As a Nursery Manager your role is to oversee the smooth running of the nursery. To lead the staff team to deliver and ensure all children attending receive high quality care, are kept safe and are provided with planned and stimulating play experiences which meet their individual needs and support all aspects of the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) curriculum.
Salary Offered - £35K to £42K.
Location - Mitcham, CR4
Hours - 40 hours / week between 7.30am - 6.30pm
Duties for the Nursery Manager:
- Overseeing the smooth running of the nursery
- Leading the staff team to deliver high quality practice within the nursery
- Ensure a high standard of physical, emotional, social and intellectual care and development for children placed in the Day Nursery
- Your role as Nursery Manager will include; Promoting positive relationships with parents, children and colleagues
- Responsible for any tasks delegated by the Directors.
- To give support to other personnel within the Nursery.
- To adhere promote & comply with legislation & compliance regulations
Experience , Qualification & Skills Required for the ideal Nursery Manager:
- Childcare qualified to Level 3 / 4 from a recognised awarding scheme (CWDC Diploma, NNEB, BTEC, NVQ, CACHE)
- Experience in maintaining high Ofsted reports ; A proven Ofsted track record of inspections at management level
- Strong knowledge of the EYFS
- Training in child protection and safeguarding children
- Training in behaviour management
- A recent paediatric First Aid certificate
- Fluency in written and spoken English and an ability to write reports
The positions are subject to an Enhanced DBS certificate and references.
If you have the relevant experience & qualification and would like to be a part of a progressive team with supportive management please send your cv.