Barking SEN School located in the borough of Barking, currently is recruiting for a MPS English Teacher / Teacher of English. Temp to Perm September / October 2019 start!
Contemporary & modernised design and building, this SEN School has experienced & supportive SLT and Middle Managers and staff. Pupils at this SEN school have behavioural difficulties and most have been diagnosed with SEMH. The school is part of a prestigious federation of schools which is successful in all endeavours. Additionally this SEN school caters to both will be open to young people of primary & secondary levels. As a supportive school & federation, they offer strong CPD & NQT programmes for staff.
This is the perfect time to join a new SEN school that is in its infancy, as essentially a great time to put your ‘stamp & mark’ in the department. As this school will predominantly specialise in SEMH, it is imperative that new Teachers (SEN or mainstream trained) has experience with pupils with SEMH. Majority of pupils who attend this school have SEMH. Teachers at this school have been observed and/ or graded a minimum of a ‘Good’ & vital that all new staff are able to demonstrate a ‘Good’ to ‘Outstanding’ lesson.
In September or October 2019 they would like to employ either an NQT or experienced MPS English Teacher / Teacher of English (Teach First/ GTP / PGCE / SCITT/ QTS). Full time temp to perm vacancy for a either a secondary or mainstream trained Teacher of English / English Teacher who can teach KS3 & KS4 English (This is NOT an EFL/ ESOL/ TEFL/ EFL/ ESL/ TESOL etc vacancy). You will be working with students in small class sizes and some of which on a 1:1 basis. The successful MPS English Teacher / Teacher of English will have worked in either an SEN or mainstream secondary school setting and must have taught Language & Literature. The successful NQT or experienced Teacher will be passionate about education, able to teach creative, fun and engaging lessons and make teaching fun to your pupils. You will also want to make your ‘stamp’ in the department.
- Secondary or Mainstream trained Teacher of English / English Teacher (GTP/ PGCE / SCITT / Teach First/ QTS)
- Must have mainstream or SEN school experience teaching English Literature & Language (NOT suitable for ESL/ EAL/ EFL / ESOL /TEFL/ EFL/ Teachers etc)
- You have taught students who have with challenging behaviour difficulties (ie ADHD/ EBD/ ASD SEMH etc)
- MPS NQTs & English Teachers are welcome to apply
- Can demonstrate a good to outstanding lesson
- Abe to build a strong rapport with your pupils & able to deliver a creative, fun and informative lesson