The Nursery Manager, or in her absence the Deputy Manager/Assistant or other Senior Nursery Nurses.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- To work as a member of a team to provide always a safe, caring, stimulating environment for the children, in line with The Early Years Foundation Stage.
- This is a physically demanding job which requires an adequate level of mobility. If there are any facts which will impede on this, you must inform the nursery manager or deputy as soon as possible.
- To provide a wide variety of activities for the children that is suitable to their individual stages of development.
- To ensure that child records, such as learning diaries/next steps and individual folders are kept up to date.
- To build up relationships with the parents in order to reduce the division between home and nursery for the child.
- To ensure the provision of the high-quality environment to meet the needs of individual children regardless of any disabilities, family backgrounds or medical history.
- To ensure the maintenance of adequate standards of cleanliness and hygiene for the children attending the nursery. This includes changing nappies and toilet training.(see procedures)
- To undertake certain domestic jobs within the nursery, eg. Cleansing of equipment etc and the cleaning of rooms. Ensuring the nursery is kept clean and tidy.
- Also to keep up to date with the Health and Safety at work Act.
- To record accidents/incidents on the correct forms.
- To always ensure that someone known and agreed by the nursery and parent, collects the child.
- To accompany small groups of children on regular local outings. E.g. To the shops, park, etc.
- To assist in the provision of support and guidance to students on placement.
- To attend monthly staff meetings, termly parents’ evenings, and occasional social functions. Time and a half or payment are given in lieu.
- To assist with serving the children’s lunches, to stack the dishwasher, wash-up any extra dishes and to generally clear the kitchen after lunch when the kitchen assistant is absent. Lunch is delivered to the nursery at around 12 noon. Also to prepare toast and afternoon tea for the children.
- You will be required to participate in staff training and annual assessments of progress.
- To ensure that all policies/procedures and risk assessments are read understood and adhered to.
- To respect the confidentiality of all information received.
- To carry out any other duties requested by the Manager, Deputy Manager or Senior Nursery Nurse that may reasonably be expected from a Nursery Practitioner.
- To be aware of the high profile of the nursery and to uphold its standards at all times both within work hours and outside