You can save this job and apply at a later date.
SEN Teaching Assistant
Are you dedicated to helping pupils progress with their learning and support them in achieving their best?
Do you want to gain valuable experience within the Special Educational Needs (SEN) sector?
We are looking for a passionate and caring individual to support pupils in a vibrant and forward thinking secondary special school based in Bury. All our pupils have a Statement of Special Educational Needs. You will be working with pupils between the ages of 11 to 19 in very small class sizes.
The school endeavours to be at the forefront of thinking and practice in special education and they aim to provide the highest standards of education and care for our very special pupils. The schools mission is to create opportunities for every pupil to develop to their maximum potential. They strive to deliver an outstanding service and look for every chance to recognise and celebrate achievement. They aim to enhance the quality of life for all pupils who attend the school.
The school has several aims, some of these include:
- To offer each pupil a broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum within the National Curriculum that is externally accredited where appropriate.
- To support pupils in a caring community where the school philosophy enables all to access the curriculum regardless of physical disability, learning disability, gender, race or culture.
- To support pupils in a climate of warmth and understanding in order that self-esteem, confidence and responsibility can grow.
- To raise standards thus improving and enhancing the quality of lives of all pupils and establishing a centre of excellence.
- To help pupils develop into good citizens, with minds ready to explore, question and challenge policies underpinning society.
There school has several incredible facilities:
- A sensory garden
- A hydrotherapy pool
- A multi-use games area
- An outside gym equipment area
- A full-sized football pitch
- A sensory light room
- Access to specialists including educational psychologists, physiotherapists, nurses and speech and language therapists
There are many benefits of this role, including:
- Working in a school with state of the art facilitates
- The opportunity to work in a school rated as outstanding by Ofsted
- Gaining experience within the SEN sector
- Working with pupils who are eager to learn
The responsibilities of this role include:
- Helping the teacher to deliver interesting a fun lessons to pupils
- Helping to devise a lesson plan with the teacher
- Working in small groups and on a one to one basis with pupils to enhance learning
- Helping the pupils with their additional care needs (e.g. feeding, toileting)
The requirements for this role are:
- A DBS on the update service
- Experience with children or with adults with additional care needs
- Being a proactive person who is able to act with their own initiative
- Having a dedication to providing an exceptional learning experience to pupils
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with an amazing staff network that will support you on your journey to becoming an experienced teaching assistant. If you are interested in this role, please contact Sophie on (phone number removed) or email at (url removed)
Create new Job Alert
Create a new Job Alert to make sure you see the best new jobs first!
Your search has been saved and has been added to your Job Alerts
Remember: You should never send cash or cheques to a prospective employer, or provide your bank details or any other financial information. For more information on conducting a safe job hunt online, visit safer-jobs.com.